Fusion Centers in the Media
State and major urban area fusion centers [A1] (fusion centers) are highlighted in several publications. The following selection of articles provides additional context describing the role, value, and future of fusion centers.
Please note: Some of the Web sites listed below are not federal government Web sites, and may not necessarily operate under the same laws, regulations and policies as federal Web sites.
· Local Policing: Expanding Reach With Limited Resources through Fusion Center - by Ray Guidetti
· Best Defense [A2] - by Rick Salyers and Troy Lutrick
· The Changing Face of Terror in the U.S. [A3] - by Jim McKay
· DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis: Supporting the Front Lines of Homeland Security: Renewed Emphasis Designed to Improve Service to State and Major Urban Area Fusion Centers [A4] - by Bart R. Johnson, Principal Deputy Undersecretary for Intelligence and Analysis, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
· From the Secretary: Meeting the Homeland Security Needs of State, Local, and Tribal Law Enforcement [A5] - by Janet Napolitano, Secretary, Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.
· Fusion Centers: Engaging Law Enforcement in the Nation's Homeland Security Enterprise [k6] - by Bart Johnson- by Bart R. Johnson, Principal Deputy Undersecretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of Homeland Security
· Fusion Centers: Function and Future [A7] - Hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program, the Homeland Security Studies and Analysis Institute, and the Homeland Security Systems Engineering and Development Institute
· Fusion Centers: Strengthening the Nation's Homeland Security Enterprise [A8] - by Bart R. Johnson, Principal Deputy Undersecretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of Homeland Security
· Fusion Centers: Tough Tightrope [A9] - by Philip Leggiere
· Fusion Liaison Officer Programs: Effective Sharing of Information to Prevent Crime and Terrorism[A10] - by Kevin Saupp, Section Chief for Prevention and Protection, National Preparedness Directorate, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security; and Co-manager, Joint DHS/DOJ Fusion Process Technical Assistance Program, Washington, D.C.
· Improving Criminal Intelligence Sharing[A11] : How the Criminal Intelligence Coordinating Council Supports Law Enforcement and Homeland Security - by Ronald E. Brooks, Director, Northern California Regional Intelligence Center; and Chair, Criminal Intelligence Coordinating Council
· Indian Country Key to Security [k12] - By Carol Berry
· Intelligence-Led Policing: A Strategic Framework [A13] - by Ray Guidetti, Lieutenant, New Jersey State Police Newark, New Jersey; and Thomas J. Martinelli, Adjunct Professor, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
· It's Vegas, Baby! And what happens in Vegas is filtered through unique layers of security that revolve around the fusion center[k14] - by Jim McKay, Editor, and Elaine Pittman, Associate Editor
· Nationwide SAR Initiative Delivers Value to Fusion Centers [A15] - by Doug Keyer, Captain, New York State Police, and Director, New York State Intelligence Center; and Lehew W. Miller III, Lieutenant, Virginia State Police, and Director, Virginia Fusion Center
· New York State's Counterterrorism Zone 4: A Model of Interagency Cooperation to Fight Terrorism[A16] - by Captain Michael F. Cahill Jr., New York State Police, Troop F, Middletown, New York; Sheriff James Kralik, Rockland County Sheriff, New City, New York; Chief Robert Van Cura, South Nyack Grand View, New York, Police Department; and Chief Todd Hazard, Town of Cornwall, New York, Police Department
· Preventing the Next Terror Attack[A17] - by Michael Wagers, PhD, Director, State and Provincial Police Directorate, IACP; and Tim Bryan, Program Manager, Information Sharing Initiatives, IACP
· Rethinking the Purpose of Fusion Centers [A18] - by Raymond Guidetti, Lieutenant, New Jersey State Police, Newark, New Jersey
· Underscoring the Importance of Fusion Centers [k19] - by Mark A. Marshall, Chief of Police, Smithfield Police Department, Smithfield, Virginia